wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

5.05.2011

Suggestions??

Alright, I need some help from all of you.

I got this idea tonight.

I would LOVE to make something that my kids can read to encourage them, build them up, remind them how much God loves them and how much Jake and I love them. I am not sure what form it will take yet- plaques/posters/painting or just something directly on the walls.

I want inspirational bible verses that they can look at and think of God's love. How God formed them each individually and that they are a part of the Kingdom of God. That HE loves them and will always love them.

I want something that will lift their spirits when they are feeling down.

I want something that will help them to feel confident: Phil. 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength", or something similar.

I want something to remind them that they are beautiful and unique and made in God's image.

I didn't have the best self image/self confidence growing up. I want my kids to be confident and secure in who they are and what they believe. I know they are still just babies, but I think that having some encouraging sayings and bible verses they can always look at will be a comfort to them and a constant reminder of some of the things that are most important in life: God and family and the love that overflows for them.

So, getting to the point, I would love to hear some ideas of encouraging bible verses and/or sayings/quotes that you have! I have a lot of ideas swirling around in my head, but I am not always the best at getting them into words or getting directly to the point (hence my many rambling blog posts!).

I am really excited about this new project and I can't wait to hear what ideas you have!

new Lauren post divider image

2 comments:

kkp said...

de-lurking to suggest the verse from zephaniah (3:17?) that says something like 'your God will rejoice over you with singing.' :)

Mommy said...

I was just going to suggest Zeph. 3:17. "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." I've been thinking of doing something with this in the girls' room.