wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

5.03.2013

Headaches.

Since September, Jonah has been struggling with headaches. He seems to only get them in the mornings when he has school. 

In the fall, there were a few times that I had to pick Jonah up from school because of these headaches. 

I took him to the doctor, who referred us to a neurologist at Children's. When she told me that Jonah should be seen at Children's, I thought, "not again, we just went through all of this with Kate!" 

Jonah's appointment was in January, and went well. By the time of that appointment, Jonah's headaches had lessened and he wasn't having as many, so the neurologist didn't seem too concerned, but told me that if they start up again, to call. 

Well, since that January appointment, Jonah has still been complaining of headaches and I've had to pick him up from school 3-4 times. 

Occasionally he also complains of blurry vision, so back to the doctor we went. They are sending us to  ophthalmology. That appointment is at Children's too, and is this Thursday. 

If everything seems fine with his eyes, then he will have to go back to the neurologist, who will mostly likely say that they will need to do some imaging. Meaning an MRI, maybe an EEG. 

I am PRAYING so hard that this is an eye issue. I am praying that this is something that is easy to fix and that fixing it will stop the headaches. 

I am feeling rather nervous for this appointment. I don't want them to say all is well with his eyes. Because I don't want to go back to neurology. I don't want another one of my kids to go through getting an MRI and an EEG. I am terrified of what they might find if he gets those tests.

I know I am getting ahead of myself. 

I am trying and trying to calm myself down and just wait until his eye appointment. Because really, worry does nothing when we don't even have an answer about his eyes. 

But I worry. I have always been a worrier. 

Remember that post I wrote about fear?  Yeah, I keep thinking, "what if this is the beginning of my nightmare?" 

But I am praying, and trusting. Because really no matter what happens, my faith is in God and I know that everything will eventually be okay. 

But, the reason for this post- will you please pray with me? For Jonah's health, for his upcoming appointment, for my strength and sanity? 

I will update you all after his appointment, which is at 9:45 on Thursday morning, and will last 2-3 hours.  Hopefully I will be posting a picture of a cute boy wearing his new glasses. 


No comments: