wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

9.03.2010

TGIF...

...except that Jake has decided to take on recently approved overtime shifts for all Saturdays now until Homecoming (October 9Th). So BOOO for daddy working and Saturdays feeling like any other day of the week, but YAY for $$$ and our growing down payment for our first house.

I have recently been mulling over our current sleeping arrangements here, and have come to the conclusion that something has to change. Here's the scoop: we live in an apartment, in a garage. So, picture this if you can: Our apartment, while super cute ( cheery yellow living room with lofted ceilings and wooden beams), it is like one loooooong room, since it used to be a garage. Each room is the size of one garage bay. So our house is the length of 4 bays- kitchen/dining room in one, living room in another, and the 2 bedrooms in the last 2 bays.You have to walk through our bedroom to get to the kids room, which is on the end. Currently, we have Jonah (2) and Kate (9 mo) in the kids' room at night and Lily (4) in our room. We had to separate Lily and Jonah because they became way to crazy at bedtime and took forever to settle them down. But now, I feel like the kids just all need to be in the same room and learn to deal with each other. After getting some great advice from friend Katie, who is a mom to 3 girls age 2 and under, I feel like after some hard nights, my kids can and will sleep, hopefully through the night, someday soon. I am going to start changing the kids room over to accommodate all 3 kids right after naps!
Pray that this transition goes smoothly and doesn't cost us too much sleep!



BoostMyBlogFriday

4 comments:

Momma Chantal said...

I think you have the right idea. A few bad nights could be worth it for the rest of your nights being much better. Can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Our Funny Little Family said...

I'll be sending good thoughts your way! We'll probably be dealing with the same problem next year (here's hoping anyways!) :)

3 Giggly Monsters said...

Hello I am a new follower. I would love a follower back at http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

Shelley said...

I am your newest follower. I hope you can follow back at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/.
God Bless,
Shelley