wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

9.07.2010

Did we switch him too soon?

Tuesday Tag-Along



Photobucket

 Hello Tuesday Blog Hop visitors! I hope you like some of the new changes I have made to the blog. I am slowly learning more about the blogging world and figuring out how to make this blog my own!


 I have a question for you: How old were your kids when you switched them to a "Big Boy" or "Big Girl" bed?  We switched Jonah a few months ago, and are still struggling almost nightly with him constantly getting out of bed. Did we switch him too soon? Would it be better to just stick it out and keep him in his bed, or should we put him back into the crib? I wouldn't really care that much if he had his own room, however, now that all three kiddos are in the same room, this has been causing some problems.... He gets out of bed and turns on the light (every night, multiple times), waking baby sister; he climbs up into big sisters bunk bed, wanting to play; he drags all of his blankets, pillow, and stuffed animals out of his bed and scatters them all over the floor; once I caught him emptying everything out of baby sister's dresser; he often plays in his own dresser too; sometimes he also comes out of their room to play in our room or "visit" us here in the living room. So, I guess I am wondering if we should put him back in the crib since he is constantly keeping his sisters awake with his night time wanderings. Thoughts? Ideas?
Jonah- the escapee-  right after we found his long lost bear :) He's so stinkin cute.

16 comments:

Mommy of two said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. We put out little girl in her big girl bed when she was about 18 mos. We started with one of those real low to the ground ones. She slept great in it for the first few weeks. Then, she started to sleep by the door. We'd put her back in bed every night. One night, she just decided she was going to sleep in her own bed....and has been ever since! :) I'd love for you to follow me back.


Bonnie
http://bnassau.blogspot.com/

C's Mommy said...

I'm following you now... would love it if you visited me and maybe decide to follow too :) http://mommysdiaperdreams.blogspot.com

Our son is 17 months and we haven't switched him yet

mom2boys said...

I'm your newest follower! Feel free to follow me back : )

http://mom2boys-mommyworld.blogspot.com

Mama to 3 Blessings said...

I LOVE your banner of your kids in the cars - SO cute! I am following you back from Follow Me Tuesday! :)
Nicole

Survey Junkie said...

Following back from FMBT
Have a great week
-Staycee
www.sjunkie.com

♥Georgie♥ said...

I forget when we switched beds(mine are teens now)...BUT he is adorable!!!! I am stopping by from FMBT and am your newest follower

Just Married with Coupons said...

Hi there, we are your newest followers! We hope you will come visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com, Have a great day =)

Kerin Lee said...

I'm your newest follower from the Blog Hops.
I hope to see you follow back, I love new blog friends!

I hope you have a great week!
Kerin
hergoodintentions.blogspot.com

Momma Chantal said...

I have always read never to go backwards. I think if you give him the OK to sleep anywhere in the room as long as he doesn't bother his sisters, it might not be as much of a fight? What are the rules right now? Maybe if there are only 2 rules, 1)stay in the room 2) don't bother your sisters, it will be easier for him to follow? I am just guessing since mine aren't that old yet. :)

Amanda-The Nutritionist Reviews said...

Aww what cute kiddos you have!

I found your blog on Follow me Back Tuesday! Have a great night.

April said...

following you :) love your blog!

best,
april

www.marineparents.blogspot.com

Meghan said...

Bliggity Blog Hoppin' I'm now following you hope you'll return the favor! Hope you had a great labor day weekend JaMonkey!

Tina Peterson said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I appreciate it! I'm following you now on GFC, Facebook, and Twitter. =D

By the way, I had to readd my GFC to my blog if you'd like to go and follow me now, (if it wasn't there when you were). Tina http://givingnsharing.blogspot.com

I think it depends on what his reaction will be. If you put him in his crib and he climbs out he could get hurt. But if he'll stay there, I say go for it. Thing is, if you tell him you're going to do it - stick to your guns and do it the first time you say it. Good luck.

♥Yaya's Mommy ♥ said...

Happy Tuesday. I am your newest follower from FMBT. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Best wishes,
Cindi
Little Yayas

Shauna said...

I am new here! Hope you come visit and follow me too :)

http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

Have a beautiful day!

~J said...

Happy Belated FMBT! Thanks so much for linking up..I'm now following you.

My older kids went to a 'big kid' bed at around 12/18 months...My 3 year old however..will not vacate my king sized bed. ;)

Have a great week!