wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

7.06.2010

Friend or Enemy?

How about both? They're SIBLINGS!
Growing up as an only child, with no close cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, or really any family at all, having 3 kids of my own has been an interesting experience to say the least. I really don't have a clue as to how siblings interact with each other. Sure, I can guess that it's normal for them to fight at times and be friends at times, but actually experiencing these sibling ups and downs is another story!
One minute, they are reading books together and sitting next to each other being adorable, and the next minute, they are screaming at each other, Jonah pulling large clumps of hair out of Lily's head, and Lily slugging Jonah and shrieking at the top of her lungs. Then after restoring order to the house, the cycle continues, over and over and over again. All day long.




It's really an exhausting experience, but quite rewarding. I am thrilled that they will have each other growing up, something I didn't get to experience, and regret (not that I had a choice in the matter). As much as they fight and bug each other, they love each other and watching them play together and talk to each other is so fun :) I am excited to see how Kate plays into the situation once she gets big enough to participate. I think she is already catching on that her big brother and sister are crazy! She often looks at them like she's thinking, "what I am in for?!".

1 comment:

Our Funny Little Family said...

Haha! It's totally normal, my brother and I used to fist fight and wrestle, and nobody liked Becky much! But now we all like each other. Or at least we're not physically abusive anymore...