wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

6.11.2010

Grateful Heart

So often I get caught up in what I don't have. Especially living in the wealthy area that is the North Shore of Massachusetts. My current obsessions are a house and a van. But tonight, as I was doing the dishes ( I am currently typing with pruney fingers), I was thinking about how blessed I am and how I really need to think about how much God has given me and how much He is looking after me. So here goes a list of the things I am thankful for: I am thankful for our living situation. No, it is not ideal, living, as a family of 5, in a 2 bedroom apartment with a very poor layout. But there are so many positives to living here, I can't even list them all. I am thankful for my in-laws. They are an amazing bunch and I am so lucky to be a part of their family. I am thankful for my awesome friends. They are always there for us and I have loved seeing their faces almost every Tuesday night for the past 5 years. I am thankful for Jacob and the wonderful husband he is. We have certainly had a rough 4 1/2 years of marriage, but I think it has made us a strong couple and I look forward to each day with him. I am thankful for my crazy kids. Even though they have the ability to make me crazy, they are beautiful wonderful kids that God has given to us, and I am trying to raise them to be good, happy, responsible people that love the Lord. I am thankful for Jake's job. As hard as it is sometimes to still be in the "Gordon Bubble", it is still a great community and we have had many blessings being involved here. There are so many things that God has given to us, but for some reason, they can be so easy to overlook so we only see the things He hasn't given to us.

Help me, God, to always be thankful for what you have provided. You will always take care of me and my family and our needs. Help me to keep my focus on the important things in life. Thank you for your continuous blessings.

1 comment:

Our Funny Little Family said...

I'm thankful for such a wonderful, beautiful best friend who always makes me smile! :)