wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

1.10.2014

8 years ago our lives began.


8 years ago today I stood at the end of the aisle, shaking almost uncontrollably, from the cold, but also from the nerves.


With some help, I managed to put one foot in front of the other until we were side by side. 

It was not the day I had dreamed it would be. 

But with my hand in yours, saying our vows to each other, looking into your eyes, I knew we would be okay. 

Even though our first year was the hardest year we went through together, I'm glad we got through it, because it has helped us get to where we are now. 


I love being married to you. 

I love what we have together. 

I love our little family more than I ever thought possible and I love that we get to parent together. 

I love the way we hold hands, not with my fingers in between yours, but with just my pinkie in between your pointer and middle fingers. It fits perfectly. 

I love how we watch the entire series of Scrubs and Everybody Loves Raymond at least once a year. 

I love our date nights.

I love that you need my hand on your chest for you to fall asleep. 

 I love that you are such a hard worker and give 100% to everything you do. 

I love that you are a firefighter and that you truly love your job. 

I love that all of the hard things we have gone through have only brought us closer together. 

I love how easy things are between us, how well we get along together. 

I love watching you with our kids.

I love our hopes and dreams for the future. 

I love our life together and that there are so many things I love about you that I can't begin to list them all. 

Thank you for 8 awesome years and I can't wait for 70 more :) 

Marrying you was the best thing I have ever done. 

I love you Jake! 

No comments: