wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

6.12.2013

Homeschooling Part 2.

Since my last post about homeschooling, Jake and I have been thinking, researching and praying about it. 

Honestly, I was thinking about it a lot. And kind of getting a bit stressed about it. 

I was waiting to feel led one way or the other. But that feeling never came. 

I have felt so torn, seeing the positives and negatives to both sides. 

Last week I prayed for clarity. 

The very next day I got an email. 

Starting in late August, and going through the middle of June, I have the opportunity to watch 2 little girls full time. 2 full time kids would be such a HUGE help to us and would allow us to really start saving for an addition for our house. 

Jake and I talked it over and realized that is our answer, at least for this next school year. 

So, just like that, our homeschooling decision was made for next school year. 

Lily will move up to first grade and Jonah will be in kindergarten. 

This is a great opportunity for us to really get ahead on our finances- pay off the little bit left on the van and then put all of my income into a savings account to save for a second story on our house. 

I will say that this arrangement is just for this next year. Next spring/summer Jake and I will look into homeschooling again and see if we can make it work. 

I am praying that next school year will go smoothly, that my kids will make good friends and have a positive experience in school. Jonah is not excited about going up to the school for kindergarten, so I am praying that by the end of the summer, he will be more open to the idea and be excited for all of the fun things that he will experience. 

THANK YOU to everyone that gave me SO much advice about homeschooling! I am saving everything for next year when we start seriously looking into it again. I am so thankful to my network of moms who help me and support me so much. Thank you!


No comments: