wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

4.01.2013

A voice.

Last week was not an easy week for me. 

In fact, it was one of the hardest I've had in a long while. 

To anyone that I hurt or offended in my last post, I am sorry. That was never my intention. 

That post caused some reactions that I had never expected. 

Those reactions caused some emotions and feelings that I have not felt in a very long time. And it was really hard for me to feel like that again. 

But, along with those feelings came the strong urge for me to stand up for myself. Something that I have not done enough of in my life.

Usually I just give in, tail between my legs, thinking the way everyone else feels is right, and my feelings must be wrong. I usually don't give myself enough credit and I never had the courage to really stand up for myself.  

I hate confrontation. I will do just about anything to avoid it. Which really isn't always very healthy. I say "yes" more than I should and end up doing things I don't always want to do, just because I don't want to cause any trouble. 

But, little by little I am finding my voice and slowly realizing that it's okay for me to speak up and say "no" sometimes. 

I have to say that this situation has shown me how much I have grown in the past few years. Feeling that need to stand up for myself is a new feeling for me, and, even though the situation was definitely not anything I wanted to go through and I wish it had never happened, I am glad to realize that I have come a long way. 

I still have far to go, but little by little I am discovering that my voice is worth being heard.

********
And here is a little cutie who makes sure her voice is always heard! :)  




No comments: