wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

9.04.2012

Kindergarten and birthdays


Well, I did it. 

I sent my oldest munchkin off to kindergarten this morning. 

She was more than ready, having 3 years of preschool under her belt. 

Last week she had her kindergarten screening and her visit day and today is her first day. She went in to her classroom, no problem, gave me, Jonah and Kate hugs and kisses, and then picked out a book and starting reading with a classmate. 

I did not cry, but I am amazed that this day is already here. Full day school. 

And what I really can't believe is that I will be going through this all again next for Jonah! What!? How is it that my little boy is going to be in kindergarten next year? Ugh. Let's not think about that right now. Let's just take it one kid at a time. 

I love you Lily! I hope you have an awesome first day of Kindergarten!!



It's been a big week for Lily- she also celebrated her 6th birthday on Saturday!

We let her call the shots for the day.

When I asked her what she wanted to do on her birthday she said "Go hiking!". 

She chose french toast for breakfast. Then we went hiking at Agassiz Rock, and then we went to Ravenswood Park, and had a great time at both!







We then headed to Friendly's for lunch and then back home for nap/quiet time for Jonah and Kate. I took Lily out shopping so she could use her birthday money. She very proudly bought herself a basket for her bike along with a bell, and a bunch of new books :) 

After shopping, we headed back home so I could finish up her cake and get ready for our little family party. Grandpa and Cyndi and Grandma Jan came over to have dinner, cake and open presents with us. 

Yep, I made this little beauty. Lily requested an Oreo cake (there are crushed Oreos in the frosting) and it was delicious!

We had a great time and Lily LOVED her big gift, GYMNASTICS! I signed her up this morning and she starts next Thursday! 

Her new gymnastics leotard- she was so excited!


 Lily had a great birthday and is so excited to be 6!!


new Laurenpost divider image



No comments: