wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

5.09.2012

Never Grow Up

To my munchkins,

Please don't grow up. Even though you guys can drive me totally crazy sometimes, I am going to miss you being little. I am going to ache for you to be little again. I am going to watch videos of you and cry because I miss it so much. I am going to look at picture after picture of the three of you as little ones and wonder how the time could possibly fly so fast. I am going to miss you needing me so much. I am going to miss hearing your little feet running around the house. I am going to miss the crazy messes you leave throughout the entire house. I am going to miss your amazing little kid imaginations and creations. I am really going to miss your snuggles. And how you smell after a bath. I am going to miss your little hands holding mine. I am going to miss so many things about you guys being little.

I can already feel it slipping away and my heart is already beginning to ache, wishing time would slow down so I can take a moment to really soak it all in.

I know that things will be so fun when you all are older, as our relationships grow and develop and mature. I look forward to seeing you all grow into the people God created you to be. I am excited to see what paths you take and where you end up. I am excited to see what your hobbies and passions are, what your strengths and weaknesses are.

I am excited for the future, but you three are only little once, you have the rest of your lives to be grown up. I wish life wasn't so crazy with little ones, so that I had more of a chance to enjoy it and really take it all in.

Somehow, the older we get, time seems to only go faster. I sure wish it were the opposite.

I love you my munchkins. Know that I am doing my best with you three. I wish I could just freeze you sweet little ones, but sadly, I can't do that.

So, in the meantime, I will continue to try to enjoy every little moment with you three, good and bad, happy and sad. I will continue to take picture after picture and video after video, so that the next time I blink and you all are grown up, I will have lots of glimpses back to these days. And I will be sure to have a box of tissues by my side.


new Laurenpost divider image

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That was beautiful Lauren! It made me cry! When we get older, we have grandchildren to look forward to.