wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

5.16.2012

3 Years

Sweet Kate,

 It has been almost 3 years since we found out that you were growing in my belly. We were not expecting you, but God knew that our family wasn't complete without you in it. And you were such a perfect surprise :)

By the time we found out about you, you were already the size of a lime (I was almost 12 weeks along)! You were born 6 months after that. Those 6 months were the longest and shortest of my life. They were the longest 6 months because we were so worried and scared. We didn't know what was going to happen to you or to me. A lot of things could have gone very wrong when you were growing inside of me. You see, you had a little companion right next to you in my belly. But it was a companion that no one wanted in there with you. Every doctor that we saw said that we shouldn't keep you, that we needed to end my pregnancy with you. But Daddy and I couldn't do that. You are a gift from God, and we couldn't get rid of you. Even though we were entering uncharted waters, we trusted in God. We prayed over and over for your safety and health, as well as mine, and so did lots and lots of other people.

We went to the doctor's office a lot, and we got to see you a lot too, which was so nice. So many things could have gone wrong while you were growing in my belly, but God protected us Kate. He kept us safe and even though you were born 3 weeks early, you were healthy. Tiny, but healthy.

I can't believe that 3 years ago, we were just starting that scary journey with you. I look at you now and you are just the best little 2 1/2 year old! You are so passionate, feisty, and independent. Daddy and I can not even tell you how much we love you. We are SO thankful that God blessed us and that He allowed us to be your Mommy and Daddy. Our family is better now that you are a part of it.

It was worth those hard and scary 6 months, because now we have you.

I love you Kate! We are so thankful that God protected us, and that we trusted Him to keep us safe.

Now we have that crazy story to tell and everyone always thinks you are such a miracle! God works in amazing ways, Kate, and you are a part of that!

I love you baby girl.




new Laurenpost divider image

No comments: