wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

9.02.2011

What a week....

And it's not even over yet!

This week has been crazy. Not really a bad crazy, just a busy crazy.

Last weekend we were prepping for Hurricane Irene. I was ready. I had water, flashlights, candles, and lots of snacks. I even went around the house, inside and outside, taking pictures of everything just in case we needed anything from our insurance company. By the time it hit us, I'm not even sure it was a tropical storm. We were expecting things to be a lot worse. We got a lot of rain and winds, but that's about it. No damage at all. We didn't even lose power. We are so grateful that we weren't in one of the many areas that got hit hard from Irene.
During the storm we...

... made cookies

...Watched movies

...Were prepared in case we lost power

...Did lots of coloring

...and ate those yummy cookies!


Lily had her visit day at her new school on Wednesday. She did great and is excited to start on Tuesday!
(I just realized that I didn't take a picture of her.... I will be sure to take one on her first day!)

Thursday my Lily turned 5! She had a great day- I let her pick almost everything :) Jake and I took her out to Friendly's for her birthday, sans siblings, and then we went mini golfing. It was her first time, and she loved it! It was so fun to be out with just Lily and spend some quality time with her :) Can't believe my little girl is 5!

Dinner at Friendly's



She was a bit unsure when they all came out to sing to her!








Today Jonah had his visit day at his preschool and he did awesome! I was so proud of him. He is such a sweet and friendly little guy and he is going to have an awesome year. I am going to miss while he is at school!

Look at this sweet little guy :)

Tomorrow my father in law is getting married (that is a whole different story!), so we will be very busy with that. Lily and Jonah are both in the wedding as a flower girl and ring bearer. But thankfully, this wedding is pretty low key and not very formal, so that takes a lot of the pressure off. But it will be great to see family that we don't get to see very often.

  Sunday is Lily's 5th birthday party! It is her first party with some of her little friends there :) I have been working hard to plan everything and get everything ready. Hopefully it will all turn out well and the girls will have fun! Of course, I will take as many pictures as possible and will do a post about it sometime next week.

It has been one crazy week with a crazy weekend coming up! Hopefully it will go well and we will have lots of fun celebrating!





new Laurenpost divider image

No comments: