wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

8.08.2011

Don't Blink

My dearest Lily,

I have been thinking about you a lot lately. More than usual. There is a reason why.

You are about to turn 5. I can not believe it. I can not believe that you are going to be 5 years old.

It feels just a few days ago that we found out about you. You were not expected, but your daddy and I are so thankful for you and your life and we know that God is doing and is going to continue to do BIG things in your life!

Being pregnant with you was one of the hardest things that I have ever done. It was by far the most challenging chapter of my life so far. But it was all worth it. If I had not gone through that, we would not have you, or your brother or sister. It was definitely worth it.

You are such a fun, lively, vibrant little girl. You are full of life and energy. You are so amazingly athletic and love sports and being active. You also love to color and do arts and crafts. You love princesses and dressing up, although not quite as much as last year.

You are a great big sister to Jonah and Kate, and they love you to pieces! You are a great helper (when you choose to be) and you love making me and daddy happy.

You are just starting to make some good friends, and I know that once you start school in a few weeks, you will make lots of new friends. Sometimes you are a little shy at first, but you are always very outgoing and warm up to people very quickly.

Although you still act like the little girl that you are, I can see glimpses of a very mature and responsible girl beginning to emerge.

You are such a beautiful girl. I hope you always believe that.

Lily, I love you more than I can say. You are growing up too fast. One day, I was holding my new little baby girl, and then I blinked, and you are almost 5.

I am afraid to blink again. 



I love you little one.

Love,
Mommy





new Laurenpost divider image

3 comments:

Jeska said...

so sweet :) happy birthday to her!

Jenna Shaw said...

TEAR. Beautifil Lauren. I love her little mouth as a newborn - almost like she was smiling!

Sharon said...

So beautiful Lauren! What a wonderful mother you are and you truly have been blessed with three beautiful children and a husband who loves God and all of you very much!