wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

8.11.2011

Letting it go....

I need to let go of this negative attitude so that I don't ruin our day...

I am upset that bed time was a disaster last night,
 and the kids did not sleep in, at all. They went to bed 2 hours late, and woke up bright and early. UGH.

I am really upset that I had a horrible nights sleep last night.
I am exhausted.

I am annoyed that I failed at my attempt to make jelly,
and I don't even know what I did wrong.

I am annoyed that I failed at my attempt to make hummus.
Failed miserably at that one.

I am annoyed that Jake can't take tomorrow off to go to the zoo with us.

I am sad that Kate is leaving tonight to go stay with Grandma Jan until Sunday.
I'm going to miss my sweet little one :(

I am annoyed that I can't take my kids anywhere without them acting like crazy little people.

And I am most sad that I don't see Jacob very much. I need a night out with him more than anything, but there isn't a free night in sight :(

Hopefully now that I have let go of all my current frustrations, I can put this bad mood behind me and move on with our day.

At least it's beautiful outside.


new Laurenpost divider image

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Lauren, I find when I struggle with feeling down about things, the Lord reminds me to count my blessings instead. That is not to say that God doesn't understand our frustrations, He just wants to help us find a way out of them. I'm praying for you! I do hope you and Jake can find some time together even if it's just a walk holding hands.