wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

7.16.2011

Time

I can not believe that this little munchkin,



is 20 months old today.


 It feels like just yesterday that we were coming home from the Outer Banks (best. vacation. ever.) as a family of 4, only to find out a few days later that I was already 11 weeks 3 days pregnant and faced a high risk pregnancy (read this post for that story) and many unknowns.

I can't believe that was just over TWO YEARS ago!


So many times I just wish for the days to go by quickly because the kids are driving me nuts, or I will say something like, "I can't wait until (insert kid's name) can do this, or that".



Even though I say those things in the moment, or out of excitement for what the future holds, really I just want time to slow down. I want to enjoy my kids NOW because my time with them goes by way too fast, even though sometimes it seems the opposite. I really love the ages my kids are at right now. I wish I could freeze them. I am excited for them to grow and experience life and for my relationship with them to grow as well, but I am sad they are growing up. I know that I am going to say it over and over as each kids gets older, but it is so true. Kids grow up way too fast :(

Lily and Jonah meeting Kate. I LOVE Lily's face, she was so excited :)

My little 5 pound munchkin, only a few days old!
new Lauren post divider image

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you lauren! And your family! :D
~Kaitlin

Karl, Rachel, and William said...

I know exactly how you feel. I think the same things at least once a day. Thanks for the reminder to slow down and enjoy!
Rachel