wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

7.18.2011

My firefighter

Well, Jake starts fire academy tonight. That means that for the next 6 months, he will have academy every Monday, Wednesday and every other Saturday (all day). This is a huge commitment. You aren't supposed to miss a class, or you will probably be kicked out of academy.

I think Jake will do great. Anyone who knows him knows how hard he works. But, he is feeling a little nervous about it. It is going to be physically and emotionally draining, on both of us!

Please pray for Jake as he starts academy and also for his safety as he is already responding to calls at all hours of the day.

Please pray for me also, for extra patience with the kids, now that daddy is going to be gone a lot more and won't be able to help as much.

I am so proud of Jake for all the work he has already put into being a firefighter, something he has wanted to do since before I even met him! He has been so patient, and now that we are finally settled and will be around for a while, he can finally pursue one of his dreams :)

Sorry for the awful picture, it was taken with the ipod.


new Lauren post divider image

3 comments:

Sharon said...

We will be praying for you both!

It was a joy to be with you and your beautiful children yesterday!

cara said...

Hi Lauren,

I stumbled across your blog and thought I would say hi. I wish you best wishes as Jake starts the firefighter academy! Good luck with those super cute kiddos! I don't know how you do it :)

-Cara Hanson

Kerry McCullough said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers-- I know how hard it is holding down the fort without the hubby... but I don't know what it's like with THREE kids. You'll do great :)