wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

5.22.2011

Kitchen pics and update!

These pictures are a few days old, but blogger wouldn't let me post pictures :( At least it's working now!

Cabinets are in! The empty space on the right is for the dishwasher.



Still very unfinished here, but at least most of them are in!


Here it is even more finished- most of the counter tops are in plus the sink, stove, microwave and light.

As of late this morning, our kitchen is DONE! All cabinets are hung, all appliances are in and working, and all counter tops are on! It is still a bit of a mess (tools and dust all over), but the next time I get over there I'll take some more pictures. It looks great. Time to start packing up our current kitchen and getting things set up in the new one :)

Update on the rest of the house:

Almost everything on the inside is done! All that is left is to finish the trim on the windows in the living room and 2 of the windows in our room and the bathroom.  Jake and Pappa are working on setting up the new washer and dryer right now, so hopefully (fingers crossed!) that will be done by the end of the day.

My sister in law Mariah came yesterday to watch the kids so that we could pack up most of the house and bring it over. We got a lot done! I also got the kids' rooms unpacked and set up, except for the things we are currently still using here at the apartment. We even got their curtains up yesterday, so their rooms look really cute :) I'll take some pictures of the bedrooms too, since they are mostly done.

We were going to move in completely today, but since the plumbing wasn't totally finished, we decided to postpone moving for a few days. So, sometime this week we will be in, Saturday at the latest. Our apartment is looking rather bare, and I will admit that I am sad about leaving. Moving is definitely the right thing to do, but we have so many memories in this little house. All 3 kids were born here, and since Kate started walking a few weeks ago, I can say that all 3 took their first steps here. So many firsts. We moved in here 2 weeks before Lily was born. This apartment has given me many headaches and frustrations, but it has also been such a blessing to us. We were able to save so much money by living here and working off our rent. We were able to pay off all our debt, and then start saving for our house. We were able to put down a 10% down payment and also still have enough left to spend $20 thousand + to fix up the house. We are so thankful for the opportunity to live here, but it is time to move on. And we will be doing just that in a few days :)

Stay tuned for more pictures!

new Lauren post divider image

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Lauren,
I almost cried when I read your latest post. As happy as I am for you, Jake and the children, I understand how bittersweet moving can be. I trust that you are going to make many happy new memories in your new home. Marc and I are praying for you!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Amazing!! Your kitchen is beautiful, you must be so excited to start using it! Can't believe the transformation from the last (and only) time I was at the house :)

-Rachel