wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

4.25.2011

Floors!

I have to say, once again, that I am SO incredibly proud of Jacob. I can not believe all of the work he is doing on our house. It's amazing. The only thing that we are hiring someone for is the blown in insulation, which I don't even think is possible to do yourself. Oh, and we are getting the carpet installed by the home depot guys, but that's because installation is free :)

Last night and today Jake was working on re-finishing the hardwood floors. And they look AMAZING! He still has two more coats of... I don't remember what it's called, but it makes the floors shiny and beautiful and it also protects them from scratches and whatnot.

I don't have a good before picture but here is a picture of the floor with the first coat:


Doesn't it look great?!

I'll put up another pic once it's completely done.

On the agenda this week:
- start replacing all the windows!
- get the kitchen primed and painted
- clean up the bathroom and install new vanity, mirror, toilet, faucets
- blown-in insulation
- start putting up the new siding
- keep chugging away at electrical work (which is making great progress- thanks Pappa!)

Move in day is in less than a month! Guess I better start packing, seeing that I have packed a total of 3 1/2 boxes so far....


new Lauren post divider image

1 comment:

Rachel said...

working on catching up on all the blogs I follow, I LOVE your floors. Wish we had hardwood.