I have to say, once again, that I am SO incredibly proud of Jacob. I can not believe all of the work he is doing on our house. It's amazing. The only thing that we are hiring someone for is the blown in insulation, which I don't even think is possible to do yourself. Oh, and we are getting the carpet installed by the home depot guys, but that's because installation is free :)
Last night and today Jake was working on re-finishing the hardwood floors. And they look AMAZING! He still has two more coats of... I don't remember what it's called, but it makes the floors shiny and beautiful and it also protects them from scratches and whatnot.
I don't have a good before picture but here is a picture of the floor with the first coat:
Doesn't it look great?!
I'll put up another pic once it's completely done.
On the agenda this week:
- start replacing all the windows!
- get the kitchen primed and painted
- clean up the bathroom and install new vanity, mirror, toilet, faucets
- blown-in insulation
- start putting up the new siding
- keep chugging away at electrical work (which is making great progress- thanks Pappa!)
Move in day is in less than a month! Guess I better start packing, seeing that I have packed a total of 3 1/2 boxes so far....