wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

1.24.2011

Picking my battles

This is something I need to work on. I think it will decrease the stress in my life.

Sometimes, okay most of the time, I don't pick my battles. I don't give in. And honestly, it's not always about whatever the kids are asking for, it's about whether or not they listen. I have a hard enough time getting them to listen and obey. It was about me being stubborn and wanting to get a point across. But, that doesn't always work with little kids...

But yesterday, I picked my battles. I let go and let the kids do more things that I may have said no to last week, but stuck to my guns on things that were important. And yesterday was a much more relaxing day. :)

Hoping to start the week of right, despite the ridiculously freezing temps outside and MORE snow coming this week. I am SO ready for spring!!

And here's a picture of my little cutie (14 months)  :) There has to be a picture of at least one of the kids in each post!
 new Lauren post divider image

No comments: