wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

9.14.2010

My kids think they are TREATS......

but they are actually....

 Brussels Sprouts!

We make these poor, looked down upon veggies in a way that the kids LOVE. Seriously, they gobble them up. It's the first thing that they finish on their plate. Before Lily even touches her chicken or rice, she asks for more Brussels sprouts. I never thought I would say to my kid, " You have to eat more chicken if you want more Brussels sprouts". HA!

 Anyway, I chop these little buggers up into quarters, if they are big. Stick them in a pan. Set oven to 350ish degrees.
 Drizzle some olive oil on there, then I season with either salt and pepper or Lawry's seasoned salt. I tend to like the Lawry's better. Throw them in the over for about 30-40 minutes but be sure to give them a stir after about 15-20 minutes. Then, they come out looking like this:

 Look at those beauties! My husband always says that the crispy leave are like candy.

They are delicious. We have converted so many of our friends that said they hated Brussels sprouts. Give it a try. They aren't too expensive when they are on sale. We got these last week at Market Basket for $1.49lb.

If you have any great Brussels sprouts recipes, let me know, I would love to try something new!

11 comments:

Our Funny Little Family said...

umm I have totally tried to make these your way and failed miserably... but I think I will try them again because you make them so good :)

Rachel said...

I cannot wait to try this on my picky little girl, I happen to love sprouts but she won't even try them. Maybe if they turn out like yours she will atleast put it in her mouth to taste. :)

Kerin Lee said...

I am definitely going to add this to my favorite finds on my blog and try it out!

I usually cook ours in melted butter and melted cheese with some salt added. I've converted a lot of people this way and the kids love them too, however your way sounds MUCH healthier!

Kerin Lee said...

Featured here :)
http://hergoodintentions.blogspot.com/2009/01/favorite-finds.html

Jodi Faye said...

Cute blog! Found you on Follow Me Back Tuesday ;)
http://www.makesmamasmile.blogspot.com

Mama Hen said...

This looks great! I love brussel sprouts and it would be great to get my duaghter to eat them too. You have a new follower from the hop. Come visit Mama's Little Chick. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

Annette said...

Oh, you have such a cute blog, plus anyone who is able to convince their children that brussel sprouts are delicious is okay in my book. I have to try this recipe! I'm a new follower from Tuesday-Tag-Along. I look foward to reading more. Happy Tuesday!

Mommy to Casey ♥ said...

I'll have to try that for sure.. I wonder if my son would go for it..

I'm your newest follower, from Follow Me Back Tuesday :)

http://cheeriosandtricycles.blogspot.com

Nicole Bingham said...

Just stopping by from Follow Me Back Tuesday! Please follow me back @ www.romanianprincess.com

Thanks, Nicole Mariana

Momma Chantal said...

Sounds great! Can't wait to try it!!

Carol said...

I'm a new follower, will you follow me?
http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/09/fancy-meeting-you-monday.html