wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

9.19.2010

I do love a good deal...

Daddy was working all day Saturday, so that left me with the 3 munchkins. I decided to hit up some yard sales, since I can't resist finding a good deal (it's kind of becoming an obsession...). I drove by a couple sales, but didn't stop, since it has to be a pretty promising yard sale for me to get all the kids out of the car and into the stroller plus loading up on snacks and things to keep them distracted while I look. It's quiet a process. So, it has to be a really good lookin sale to get me out of the car. But we did make it to 2 in the morning, where I got a pretty good deal. We walked to another one after naps, but I forgot about it and didn't include those things in the picture. Total, I spent $9.50 and got a leapfrog table (hubby's not to excited about this purchase, but all 3 kiddos love it!), 3 new Veggie tales movies, a pair of shoes for Jonah, a "bubble" for Jonah next summer in the pool, 2 pairs of tights, a sweater and winter hat for Kate, plus 2 books and a cute wooden car. Pretty good deal, right?

I have to say that I have been kind of disappointed with yard sales this season. The main thing I look for is stuff to stock up on for the kids- clothes, shoes, things like that. I didn't really find any of that this summer. Thankfully, I've been able to find awesome deals at Savers (even better deals on 50% off day!) and at "Fill a Bag" at our local kids consignment shop. What can I say, I LOVE finding good deals! I don't know the last time I bought something brand new for my kids, when it comes to clothes.

I hope I'm not the only one getting great deals this weekend! What kind of deals did you find?


new Lauren post divider image

8 comments:

JKMommy said...

what a great idea to do a post on tag sale deals (b/c I love to rave when I find them too!)
I'm following you back from the blog hop from http://www.ayearwithmomanddad.com

~Dawn~ said...

Hi Lauren,
Thanks for stopping my Mom-a-Logues. I'm following you now, too. You have such adorable children. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Hope you have a great Sunday - We're watching football here..the Vikings just lost, so my husband is a bit frazzled!! Eeek!

~Dawn

Kim@Chubby Cheeks Thinks said...

I havent foudn much either! I am excited for our town wide yard sale since this girl always has super nice boys clothes for cheap! I normally get my sons whole wardrobe for the next year from her!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm following back! :)

Kim

Annette said...

I love finding good deals too. I'm always going to my local Goodwill, usually for my own clothing because they don't have much toddler stuff...but sometimes I can walk away with four pairs of Polo shorts for $12 total. Freecycle is a great place too. Have a great week!

Shanti said...

Congratulations on the blog award too!! Love the pictures...Thanks for following..Now following back

Candace P said...

Such a cute cute blog!
Candace

Shopper Gal said...

I love getting good deals on items for my kiddos, too! They grow up so fast :(
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm now following you back & look forward to your posts!

Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

Cindy said...

Hi, I'm following back. Thanks for visiting. Come by and visit.

Blogging Hints
Busy Mom's Tips
Work at Home Helper