wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

8.18.2010

Trust

I was going through my inbox yesterday and came across a folder labeled "Baby". I opened the folder and inside were about 10-15 different emails from friends and family. I clicked on the first email and started to read. It was from Jake addressed to all of our closest friends and family. This email was written a day after we found out we were pregnant with Kate. Reading back on that email, and the ones that followed, from concerned friends and family, almost brought me to tears (and yes, since having kids I have become much more emotional). That was such a scary time for us with so many unknowns. I am so thankful that we were faithful and trusted God through the whole experience. From finding out I was 11 weeks 3 days pregnant at what should have been my 6-week IUD check up (boy was that a shock and sadly I spend the whole drive home crying) to learning about all of the possible complications and risks involved with continuing the pregnancy with the IUD still in place to driving to Tufts every other week to worrying constantly about every little ache or pain to "taking it as easy as possible" with a 1 and 2 year old (yeah right!!) to finally reaching that big 32 week milestone to saying goodbye to Dr. Wong and a big happy hello to our wonderful midwives to finally meeting our precious baby Kate Roxanne at 37 weeks. What a roller coaster ride it was filled with so many emotions and fears. But I always said that God gave us that baby and the baby survived and thrived despite 2 forms of birth control plus the trauma from inserting the IUD and 3 attempts to remove it. We did our best to trust that God was in control and He was for sure, the whole time. He always is.

Thankfully, in our case, everything turned out perfectly, and we are blessed to have Kate as a part of our family. I thank God every day for her. In the past 4 1/2 years of marriage, Jake and I have been reminded over and over that God is in control and His plan is usually quite different than what we have planned. When God throws you a curve ball, trust that He knows what is best.

While it certainly has been challenging having 3 kids 3 and under, you know what? I wouldn't change it. We thought we were perfectly happy with our 2 kids, a girl and a boy, and were not "planning" on having any more. But Kate has brought so much joy to our family. She is seriously the sweetest little thing and such a great baby. It is not easy and often times I am trying not to go crazy, but so many times I look and Kate and feel like she is my breath of fresh air. When we first found out that we were having a third baby I thought "why would God want me to have another baby when I can hardly handle the two I already have??" And that's honestly how I felt. And sometimes I still feel a little out of control with the three kids, but Kate is just what we needed. Every time I look at her she brings a grin to my face. She is awesome and I CAN'T wait to see my kids grow up together, so close in age. It's going to be great. Thank you God for blessing us with a healthy and happy baby Kate!!


Our sweet baby Kate- we are SO glad she is a part of our family!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Lauren,

I confess that your latest post made me cry. Believe it or not, I was just writing something based on Proverbs 3:5-6 about trusting God. He promises if we'll trust Him, He will direct our paths. He is clearly directing yours and as a result, you have three beautiful children and a loving husband. Thank you so much for being open and transparent.

Anonymous said...

once again, that pic reminds me so much of mom.-rache