wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

4.10.2012

Kate update

Just a quick update on Kate:

We had our GI appointment and that went very well. They all seem to view Kate as a bit of a mystery. They all are just as interested in figuring this thing out as our neurologist! They agreed 100% that Kate should get an MRI and EEG, both of which are already scheduled in just a couple of weeks.  They also gave me Kate's lab sheet so that the next time she has an episode, I can high-tail it to the hospital to get it done ASAP. I am very grateful that they did that because I wasn't really sure about how to go about getting that lab work done, so they really helped me out!

We are leaving for vacation Thursday morning (YAY!) and will be gone 10 days. Once we get back, Kate has 4 appointments in 2 1/2 weeks. She has the EEG just 2 days after we get back, then the MRI a few days later and 2 follow up appointments the week after that (one for GI and one for neurology). All of these visits sure are keeping us busy, but at the same time I am so glad that they are trying to figure out what's going on and are taking good care of my Kate.

Please pray for us, that Kate's scans come back normal and that everything goes smoothly. I am feeling okay about the MRI, but am nervous about the EEG since I just found out that Kate needs to fall asleep during the test. I have a feeling that it may not go too well.

Thanks for the prayers!



new Lauren
post divider image



No comments: