wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

7.20.2011

Obsessions

I feel like there is always something I am obsessing over.

Whether it's a car seat, or a van, or a house (to name just a few).

It seems that there is always something that I am wanting. And I don't like this. It makes me feel as though I am not grateful. But I am. I am so thankful for all that I have been blessed with. I don't think I want these things because I think they will make me happy. I think I want them because in my mind, I think they will make things easier. They will make life easier.

And you know what, the things that I have obsessed over and actually convinced Jake to go through with purchasing, actually have made my life somewhat easier. I know that life is never going to be easy.  Especially with my three munchkins, who always keep me on my toes. But to me, sometimes it's worth it to invest (as long as we aren't investing too much) in little things that can make our day go a little smoother.

So what are my current obsessions, you ask?

 I would LOVE to have an Ergo. I am thinking of trying to convince Jake to get one of these instead of a new umbrella stroller since ours was recently devoured by mold when our basement flooded. I just think it would be awesome to carry Kate around this, and I think it would be super helpful on the days when I watch other kids, which is 3 days a week, maybe more soon! So, we'll see. Maybe I can find a good deal on one! That was current obsession #1.

Current obsession #2 is this:

I know it is a bit ridiculous of me to want this stroller so much, since I do have a Phil and Ted's. But I really don't like jogging with the Phil and teds. It's a bit shaky and wobbly when I am running, which I don't like.
So, I have had my eye on this sweet stroller for a while. I can't decide if I want the BOB revolution, like the one pictures above, or the BOB sport utility. I think I would be happy with either one. I had the double BOB sport utility a while back and I loved how smooth the ride was. It was an awesome stroller, but I sold it when we were pregnant with Kate since it was the older model and couldn't fit the car seat in it (hence the Phil and Ted's). So, there is obsession #2. If I can find a great deal on one on craigslist, I think I will jump on it. We'll see.



new Lauren

post divider image

1 comment:

Momma Chantal said...

I love our Ergo! I still use it with my guys! So worth it!