wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

3.11.2011

2 weeks!

 We close in less than 3 weeks! Hooray!

Things are going pretty well so far. The assessment was done Monday and came back above our offer, which is great.

We did hit a snag in the insurance department. We tried to get set up with State Farm, who we have car insurance through, but it turns out they won't insure us until the roof is redone, but we can't redo the roof until we own it. And we can't get a mortgage without insurance. Hmmmm.... Doesn't make much sense does it? I guess the problem is that Jake is going to do the roof himself, and not have a contractor do it. But, Jake, being the amazing and thorough researcher he is, has found us a few places that will cover us, so now we just have to pick the best one! Thanks Jake!  Then, after a few weeks and the roof is done, we can get set up with State Farm.

I have not started packing yet, even though I really want to. We aren't moving until May 21st-ish. So, we have a while still. 

Jake and I have made great progress in picking out all sorts of things for the house:
-we have picked all paint colors for each room
- the kitchen is all designed and cabinets have been decided. We still have to pick a counter top.
- Siding and roofing have been picked out
- We are currently trying to decide which windows to go with
- we have picked general light fixtures, nothing specific, but we know what we want
- front and back doors have been picked
- we are researching pellet stoves and heat pumps

I am currently laying out all of the rooms in my head- where everything will go and how to set them up. We were thinking of getting bunks for Jonah's room, but I think they would be too big for the room. We might get new bunks for the girls room though, we'll see.

Despite the little snags we have been running into, I am super excited about everything still. I can't wait!

I think that's about it for now.

They are excited too :)
new Lauren post divider image

1 comment:

Kerry McCullough said...

Picking paint colors is so fun! You'll have lots of exciting times ahead :)