wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

9.29.2010

I've been Tagged!

Mel, from Funny Little Peanut, tagged me in the 8 questions game. Here it goes!

1. When do you do your blogging? Naptime? After bed?
        I usually do my blogging after the kids are in bed. They go to bed around 6 or 6:30, so that leaves me with a little time to work on the blog. Sometimes, like right now, I work on it when 2 of the 3 are napping. Lily is outside playing on the swings, so I thought I would try to squeeze this post in.

2. What is your all-time favorite dessert? Feel free to share a recipe if it's fatty and delicious!
        Oh boy. I don't think I can pick just one. Dessert is probably my favorite meal of the day :) Once a month I treat myself to one of these bad boys from the Godiva store:

                                                                   Yep, it's amazing.
 I usually just have some ice cream (Turkey Hill cookie dough is our favorite!) or make our own cookie dough, eat some, and make the rest into cookies. I think I could talk about desserts all. day. long.

3. What is the most annoying thing your husband/sig other does?
      Hmmmm, well, since he works outside all day long, whenever he comes home, he's really good at tracking in mud, grass, dirt, and sometimes grease onto my clean kitchen floor (okay, that's giving myself a little too much credit. I guess it's not that clean, but still...) and staining the carpet. That's pretty annoying. He also blows his nose really loudly. I can't think of anything else right now, but I am sure there might be a few more :)
4. What are you most proud of ?
         I think right now, I am most proud of how hard I have been working the past few months to change my attitude and behavior and become a better mommy to my munchkins. I wasn't feeling like a very good mom, and wasn't happy or enjoying motherhood. I really needed to change, for my whole family. And it's been working and we all have been a much happier family. Really, it has made all the difference!
5. When I say comfort food what comes to mind?
      Beef stew, mashed potatoes, turkey dinner, chicken potpie, homemade chicken noodle soup. YUM!!
6. What is your favorite holiday?
      Christmas, hand down. Each year we've been trying to make it special for our family, starting new traditions and such. We are not doing Santa with our kids (the kids still get presents, but from us, not Santa), but instead tell our kids about the story of Jesus and that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. It's not about the gifts, but about family and celebrating the Christmas story. I'm already getting excited for Christmas this year!
7. If you could have a super hero power, what would it be?
        I think I would like to be able to be in 2 places at once. That way I could get a ton done, and still have time for napping and going to bed early :)
8. How would you spend a million dollars?
      I would buy a house, not a mansion, but a house big enough for our family and for entertaining. I would put some into savings and I would donate the rest to charities, or go on a big missions trip and build an orphanage or something like that. Or maybe adopt a bunch of kids. I'm not sure. But I wouldn't keep most of it. Just enough to pay off a house.


Okay, here are my questions:
 1.)  How old were you when you had your first kid? What were the positives/negatives to having kids at that age?

2.) What is a fun craft you like to do with your kids?

3.)  What is your favorite recipe to make for dinner?

4.)  What do you do to relax/relieve stress?

5.) What's  your favorite part about parenting?

6.) What's the hardest part about parenting?

7.) What's your favorite room in your house? Why?

8.) What is one of your favorite memories you have with your hubby?

 Okay, there are the questions, now here's who I'd like to hear from:









Have Fun!!




new Lauren post divider image

9 comments:

Crystal said...

The "2 places at once" power sounds like a great one to have. Just now I'm thinking about how useful that would truly be :)

I'm here from the blog hop, and I am now following you.

Crystal
http://survivingandthrivinginmom-dom.blogspot.com

Erin Wallace said...

Here from Wandering Wednesday - am your newest follower! I really like your blog. I'd love to see you at Dropped Stitches!

xo Erin
droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

Heather said...

2 places at once..that would be AWESOME. I totally get what you mean about conciously deciding you are going to have a better attitude. I've had to do that as well, and it really is a decision.
Thank you so much for hopping with us last week. Come hop again!
It's Almost Friday

LeeAnn said...

Let me know the next time you're heading to the Godiva store, so I can meet you there. That looks delicious!

Thanks for the tag! I already have one of these to post this week, so I will get your questions up next week. I actually like these games! :-)

Design It Chic said...

I am now following you thanks to It's Almost Friday blog hop, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
Also don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy blog design tutorials, you know where to come!
Today we have some amazing blog tricks and tips up our sleeves, so make sure you don't miss it! Happy Thursday!

Heather said...

I tagged you again!
http://www.familyfriendlyfrugality.com/2010/09/tag-im-it-im-gonna-get-you.html

you don't have to do it since you already did...I just love your blog!

Sue said...

I am a new follower and would love a follow back

http://theseareafewofmyfavoritethings-sue.blogspot.com/

leemeandthegirls said...

I answered your questions. :)
http://leemeandthegirls.blogspot.com/2010/10/calling-all-readers-what-do-you-want-to.html

Thanks for tagging me.

Stacy said...

Thanks for tagging me!!! Sorry it to so long but i finally got to repost it!
Not So Perfecr Mom