wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

2.07.2014

An embarrassing moment. {and why I am thankful for it}


We were waiting to turn left into the Market Basket shopping center. 

If you live on the North Shore,  you know exactly what I am talking about. 

The Danvers Market Basket: one example of hell on earth. 
Always horribly crowded (like you wait in line for 40 minutes just to pay for your groceries!) and the traffic turning into the shopping center is always backed up. 

So, we were waiting, along with 15+ other cars, in the left turning lane. 

Red light. Jake leans over to give me a kiss. 

HONK. HONK.

BUMP.

Yep, while Jake was giving me a kiss in the car, he let up on the clutch just enough for us to roll backwards and hit the car waiting behind us. Hard enough for the woman to get out and make sure her bumper was okay and hard enough for me to get embarrassed, knowing she saw us kissing and then roll into her car. 

The damage to forever remind us of this moment? 2 marks on our bumper where it hit her license plate. 

Now, we were not making out or anything like that. It was just a sweet simple kiss. 

Yes, it was an embarrassing moment for sure, but you know what? I love that we have been married for 8 years and we are still just as affectionate as we were when we were dating. 

And I love that our kids see us being affectionate. 

We hug and kiss and hold hands. We flirt and goof off. We give each other massages or head/back rubs. We say "I love you". All the time. And our kids see all of this. And I think it's great. 

I love that there is still so much love between us and that we are showing our kids what it is like to be in a loving marriage. I am so thankful for the relationship that Jake and I have and that our house is really just overflowing with the love we all have for each other. 

I am so blessed to be in a marriage where, after 8+ years, my husband still wants to sneak in a kiss while we are waiting at a red light. 

I can't wait for the next 60+ years.

He is just the best.

No comments: