wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

4.24.2013

Love: A message to my munchkins.

To my sweet little loves,

 Since the three of you came into my life, I have been much more aware of danger. Of evil. And since you three came into my life, I worry. 

I worry about your futures. Not about the decisions that you will make. But more about the decisions others will make that will impact you. 

There is evil in this world. And it is horrifying to experience. 

But, there is also lots of good. Lots of love. 

That's what you need to focus on, guys. LOVE. 

I feel like that is the biggest thing God is showing me, teaching me right now. 

For the past 6 1/2 years, I have worried about being a good parent. I want to be the best mommy to you guys and I worried that I wasn't teaching you everything you needed to know to help you guys grow up to be good people. I would search my brain and come up with all these things that I felt I had to teach you. It was overwhelming and that job scared me. It felt like it was too much for me to handle. 

But you know what? God has been showing me that it isn't overwhelming. It isn't too much.

There is one answer. 

LOVE.

It all comes down to love. 

Really. That's it. 

Do everything out of love. 

Yes, there is evil in this world, but there is also love, and kindness and goodness. 

Guys, I always want you to show love. 

Show love to your friends. Show love to the kid that makes fun of you. Show love to our elderly neighbors. Show love to the lady at the grocery store, to the mailman, to the man walking his dog. Show love to the little kids that just want to play with you, to the person bagging our groceries, to the woman that serves you lunch at school. 

You never know who it's going to change. You never know how your love is going to impact someone else. 

Your actions will always affect others, and love will make the greatest impact of all.

It will not always be easy, though. Sometimes it will be so hard. Sometimes it will be embarrassing.

But it will be worth it. 

You may not be able to tell right away, you may not be able to see it, but it will be worth it. 

Radiate the love of God to everyone you meet. 

Love is different to everyone. To someone it might be a hug (you three are already great at that one), to others it might be a note, to some it might be a smile, or a thank you, or some small thoughtful gift. To others will be something completely different.

By showing love, you will also be kind, forgiving, humble, thoughtful, thankful, generous, and selfless- all things that God calls us to be. It all stems from LOVE. 

Lily, Jonah and Kate, the three of you are so special. You are already so loving to everyone. Don't lose that. Pray for God to fill your heart with even more love. I'm already doing that. 

You guys will change lives. And your love will bring others to God. And your love will make this world a better place.

And we ALL need this world to be a better place. 

Love is the answer guys. 

All you need is love. 

I didn't know it was possible, but my love for you three grows more and more every single day.

I am so proud of you guys and I can't wait to see the impact you are going to make in this world and the lives you are going to change. 

I love you. 

Love,
Mommy






2 comments:

Jenni Lynn said...

This is so sweet and a great reminder! LOVE!

Sweet love messages said...

Awwww, that was so sweet!
I simply love the kids. ;-)

- Mark