My sweet boy,
You are 4 1/2- your 5th birthday quickly approaching. (Please tell me how it is possible that you are going to be FIVE soon?!)
I wanted to write down some of your favorite things at age 4.5, so we always remember.
- First and most importantly, Peter Rabbit, aka, Bunny. Your most prized possession You take bunny with you everywhere and LOVE (that is an understatement) him SO much. You tell us that you especially love Bunny's long ears because they are so soft. Bunny has lost ALL of his stuffing in his neck because you have carried him by his neck for years.
|Picture you drew of you and Bunny. It is now in a frame on your bookshelf. I adore this picture so so much.|
- You love your green blanket, and are beginning to also love the blue blanket Aunt Beth made for you.
- You are pretty much obsessed with any type of vehicle, and you can name every single type of truck or tractor.
- You love sharks and the ocean and you love learning all you can about them.
- You would chose a non-fiction book almost 100% of the time over a fiction book. You LOVE to learn how things work and why things are the way they are.
- You love to build, design and create. VERY frequently you come home from school with a GIANT "creation" (your word, not mine) that you carefully constructed. You are so proud when you show me and explain all you did to build it and how it all works. You carefully store your creations in your room, until you have played with them so much they have fallen apart. I was so proud of you this weekend when you were finally ready to part with your overflowing mountain of falling apart creations.
I absolutely LOVE watching you create new things and I love even more hearing you explain what it is. You are SO smart and I am convinced that you are going to be some sort of engineer when you grow up. Miss Amanda and Miss Deb think so too.
- You love playing outside and getting dirty. You are always digging in our "digging area".
- One of your most favorite things to do is to help daddy, with anything. You are always so eager to help him with whatever he is working on. Daddy loves it so much.
- You love to talk. There are not many moments during the day that you are quiet.
- You would eat all day if I let you.
- You love salad and fruits and veggies. You call yourself "the salad eater".
- You are a GREAT friend and are always so sweet and helpful and kind to your friends.
- You love your sisters so much. I love watching you and Kate play together on the mornings you are home from school. I hope that the three of you are always close.
- You love to help me in the kitchen. You are a great little helper when I am making meals and your new favorite thing to do is to make your lunch, all by yourself, when you get home from school. You are SO proud when you make that sandwich yourself.
- You are such a great "bucket filler"- (we read "How Full is your Bucket" a lot!).
- You always say the funniest things and you constantly keep us laughing!
- We tell you all the time that you are the best snuggler. You love to climb into bed with me and daddy in the mornings when you wake up and snuggle with us.
- You love routine and are very set in what you like. For example, you love to listen to your music when you are falling asleep, but when we go into your room to kiss you goodnight before we go to bed, you have turned on your favorite song and put it on repeat, so that your one favorite song is playing over and over and over for hours. Right now your current favorite song to listen to at bedtime is "Angels We Have Heard on High". You know that it is number 15 and you know how to turn it on to repeat. And you don't know the names of the songs you like so you just sing it for us so we know which song you want. It is insanely cute. Daddy and I love to hear your song softly playing from your room- it always makes us giggle.
- You love your "little Annie". Your preschool sweetheart. You both are so cute together and you are such a gentleman towards her. My heart melts every night when you take her Christmas card into bed with you and look at her picture before you go to sleep. I love that you still have her Christmas card and keep it standing up on your bookshelf next to your bed.
Jonah, you are just the best little boy and everyday my heart is bursting with love for you. I love spending time with you and I am really going to miss you when you go to kindergarten.
I love you sweet boy!