wife to Jake, mommy to my 3 crazy munchkins, Lily (7), Jonah (5.5) and Kate (4). Taking this crazy blessed life one day at a time.

11.19.2010

ONE

 On Tuesday my littlest munchkin turned O-N-E! Can you believe it?! It has been a whole year since I had to worry about our high risk pregnancy. A whole year of enjoying my sweet little girl. I admit, I am sad to see her turn one. I never thought I would be one of those emotional moms who wants to keep their kids babies forever. But here I am, wishing Kate would stay my sweet little baby for eternity.

 I took her to her 12 month doc. appointment this morning and she is up to 18 pounds! She has almost quadrupled her birth weight! The visit started off well, even for her 2 shots she only cried for a few seconds! Then we had to take her to the lab to get her blood work done. SO. SAD. It was awful. They had to bring in another nurse to help hold her arm down. She screamed and screamed. Her face turned bright red. Then when they were finally done, the needle fell out and Kate's arm squirted blood all over! The poor thing wouldn't stop crying. I felt so bad for her. Thankfully she is having a good afternoon nap right now.

Her party is on Sunday afternoon- I am really excited about the theme I chose and I've been working hard on making the party a success!! I'll be sure to put up lots of pictures :)

Happy Birthday Kate Roxanne!

new Lauren post divider image

5 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful little girl and happy birthday to her!!

Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

AMY said...

Awwwwwwwww She's precious...and so are your other two kids!
I'm a new follower from social parade.

Hi I'm Amy from Amy's Life @ http://amyclairejacob.blogspot.com/

Grace Matthews said...

She is a cutie!!!

Fellow Blog Hopper:)

Jen M said...

happy birthday!
New follower via Boost My Blog Friday :)
Jen @ My Secret Home

Susan Evans said...

Time passes so quickly. In the blink of an eye, they grow up. Honestly, it makes me want to hug my kids and live in the moment. Thanks for the reminder.